Customization of Address field

Hi,

It would be great if you could customize the Address field type more. For instance, hide some elements of the field. In Germany, we do not use states, for instance, and so making the “State” field a required entry is a conversion killer.

Just make it possible to hide at least the State, that would be awesome.

Cheers,
Bastian

7 Likes

I fully agree, I’d also love to have more customization.
The current address field mainly caters for English speaking environments.

As a matter of fact, I do not use it at all partly because of the required state field which is totally irrelevant in my country (actually in all of Europe) and partly because the city cannot be made required. The latter I simply don’t understand…

1 Like

Yes, same here. Paperform, please do not forget international customers! Great product, could be even greater! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes please! Ability to remove or rename would also be fine.

1 Like

Hi guys
@kindredkaren @bbsunvigo @Laszlo
A great suggestion!
Currently, you can edit the Address Question Type through ‘Theme Settings’ > Translations.
You have the ability to change the wording and even language of the fields, whether it be State, City, Etc. A workaround and does not resolve the issue of not being able to remove any of the fields, yet a great bit of knowledge to have. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, Alex.

I changed my translation and now city/suburb is county (which is an existing term in our country but we don’t use it in addressing) and state is city so this way filling it out is required. It looks good now and I just hope it won’t mess up anything elsewhere where city/suburb should really be city.

By the way, why city/suburb is not a required field? Do you not need to mention the city in addressing in Australia? I’m just curious about it.

Another related issue.
If I want to restrict addresses to a country (which I would in most of the cases), the name of the country appears in English in the form. When I use a form in my local language it looks a bit awkward.
Any chance to make country names translatable?

1 Like

I’d also love to see the ability to add fields. It’s fairly common (at least here in the states) to need a second line before you hit city / state / zip. (For things like apartment numbers, etc.)

It’s actually important enough for the business I am working for that we can’t use the address question type at all. Which is a shame, because it would be really handy to have.

2 Likes