If Paperform could add one new feature, what would you want it to be?

If you could request only ONE feature or share ONE product suggestion, what would it be?

The ability to create and edit forms on iPadOS.

It’s so close in iOS 13. You can actually edit. But you can’t create certain fields. That’s because it depends on hovering a mouse.

I haven’t yet tried the new iPad mouse support, but it is possible to do this using touch gestures today (see Codepen :grin:).

6 Likes

The ability of secondary users (selected by me) to see and download reports and submission data from a specific form, similar to the DropBox share by invite feature.

5 Likes

It would be great to be able to limit the number of words and characters allowed. Currently we can select a minimum amount of words. But say for example you wanted people to complete a section in 50 words or less or in 1000 characters or less. This would be a great addition :grinning:

1 Like

I would love more control over formatting Paperforms. There are places on my websites that I’d love to place a form at, but they are awkwardly spaced and don’t really fit. So being able to change the size and spacing parameters of the input boxes and other features would help a ton!

5 Likes

Good news Dennis, this is possible already!

You can use a calculation to check the length of a text answer and return a validation error if it doesn’t meet the criteria. Here is a form with an example of how it would work: https://v9ivfwuh.paperform.co/

This is the calculation that is being used, the calculation needs to be visible on the form for the error to show and block submission.

textAnswer = {{ assuk }}; // answer pipe a text question
answerLength = LEN(textAnswer); // get the length of the lext
minLength = 5;
maxLength = 10;
// return an error where required
IF(answerLength < minLength, ERROR("too short!"), IF(answerLength > maxLength, ERROR("too long!")))
4 Likes

Thanks Josh.

Can this be done also with number of words rather than number of characters?

1 Like

I’ll look online to see what the average number of characters for 50 words and use this as a guide. :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve updated the example to include this as well, here is a calculation for counting words:

textAnswer = {{ 83dpo }}; // answer pipe a text question
answerLength = COUNT(SPLIT(textAnswer, " ")); // count the words
minLength = 5;
maxLength = 10;
// return an error where required
IF(answerLength < minLength, ERROR("too short!"), IF(answerLength > maxLength, ERROR("too long!")))
3 Likes

Amazing :ok_hand:t5: I’m going to test this out. Completely new to using calculations.

Thank you :grinning:

1 Like

OK I managed to get it working. I was unable to hide ‘too short’ as it was visible when viewing the form before typing. So I made this 0 instead of 5 to remove it.

Would there be a way to show a word count as you’re typing at all? Up to the point where we got the ‘too long’ warning.

2 Likes

Sure can, something like this should do it:
IF(answerLength < maxLength, answerLength || " words" , IF(answerLength > maxLength, ERROR(“too long!”)))

3 Likes

It would be great if creating new forms could be disabled for the “user” user type in user management.
As an agency, you don’t necessarily want all your clients to be able to to create new forms on their own.

Anyone else thinking the same way? :thinking:

6 Likes

One more thing I’d love to have, and I’m sure many others would benefit too, is a radio button or a tick box question type.

I know that its functionality can be achieved via a multiple choice question using a single answer option but e.g. for data consent people are more used to ticking a box rather than clicking a button. :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

Thanks Josh. I’ve just seen this now so I’m going to test this out…

It worked perfectly. Thank you!!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I may be using Paperform in a different way, but we do quite a bit of surveys and I would love more control over the reports functionality in terms of presentation and styling.

4 Likes

I would love to be able to have users make a payment before being able to access the form. I know this may sound weird, but in some cases, the forms are the actual products I’m selling, not the other way around. So being able to block part of a form behind a payment gateway would be awesome. Maybe, after payment, users get a code which they can use to unlock the rest of the form when they wish.

2 Likes

I would love to be able to take a video or audio testimonial from a form.

Also multiple floating launch options would be good, I know we can do this via a div now but some out of the box config would be great

1 Like

I’m wondering, could you not just redirect them to another form upon submission of a payment-enabled form? The flow’s not as clean as you would achieve were it all in-form as you said, but it could work for now. However, this wouldn’t protect against anyone sharing the form URL once they have been redirected.

4 Likes

Hi! Yes, I’ve actually done that a few times, and it’s okay. But not ideal. However, I understand that what I’m asking for is probably quite out of the normal direction of a tool like Paperform, as it would involve too many changes and implementations. But hey, it’s free to ask, haha.

3 Likes